Friday, July 23, 2004

I'm back :) ..

Hi all !! :)
 
well, the news is, I've got a B1 visa - validity yet unknown - so that we can fly over to the US for some consultation work that I'm supposed to be helping the client with..
 
umm, okay, let's talk of something other than that :)
 
the company applied for the visa, but somehow, me and a few other people, were called for personal interview - and our travel desk was totally unable to understand the reason for the same :) ... so were we, of course [ reasons for me, I mused to myself, could range from the long-hair, pony-tail look I'm sporting these days, to the extremely paltry salary I get, to maybe the mood of the consular officer ;) :P]... whateva ...
 
and when I heard that we'll have to go to Chennai, I just leapt with joy - wanted to go there ASAP to see the baby boy of one of my best friends, AP..
guess what, when I reached there, I found that her hubby dear, P, has taken 1 month off as paternity leave !! I thought that to be a wonderful gesture on his part.. got my instructions from AP to do the same when 'my baby is born' ... :) :P .. my reply was, IF I happen to get married.. :)) :P .. but really, kudos to him !! :) ... [sometime later, will write a post on this issue.. ]
 
In the US consulate, I think it was the result of too many Robert Ludlum's that I tend to read on train journeys that every other consular officer seemed to me to be a US Marine, under cover :)) .. but 1 or 2 of them would probably be - 1 was speaking in Tamil to the elderly people  !!! and another was sooo knowledgeable, that he was asking specific questions to all on subjects as varied as Aeronautical engg, to mech CAD CAM, to embedded sys.. !! was truly amazed to see this !! Only very few people I know of seem to have a comparable knowledge base to me - one such person is ZenC
 
talked to su over fone, who was still in office at 11 :) - usual in our kinda field...  hmmm ...
 
returned back today morning, and was planning to feign illness to watch the indo-pak match when I came to know that it is to be there tomorrow ... so, here I am, posting on the blog, while trying to troubleshoot a problem the PM gave me ... :) :P
 
hmm, bahut bore kar liya, chalta hun abhi,
 
cya junta, take carez,
ChillaX !!


No comments: