Sunday, December 05, 2004

Life's roller coasters

First of all, my heartfelt condolences to Angel - her kiddo bro died around 15 days back - I came to know today only, when I was visiting her blog. Luv and hugs to u, Angel dearie, and I *know* god will give u strength in one of ur worst parts of life. Just, hang on gurl.

The heart cries out for u.. There's a request - If I can help you in any way, do let me know.. okie?
god bless. lotsa luv n hugs.

Hmm...

Life for me has been a roller coaster in the past 1 month...

Spent almost 3 weeks in different hospitals.. taking decisions - of the 'life-n-death' kinds... thankfully, they proved to be just right,and just on time. It has been an extremely stressful, at times emotional time.

Dad, who's been very careful with his diet habits, and his lifestyle after being diagnosed a diabetic, had no history of Heart ailments. and then suddenly, diwali day, he had a major attack, stayed in the ICCU for 5 days. Later, the doc told us how close a shave it had been - how very close to fatal.

He insisted on an angiography the next day, saying he suspected some blockage, which could be cleared up using small surgical procedures - either angioplasty,or stenting. It was when the angiography happened, and the cardiologist called me in to show the damages to the main arteries and the Only possible procedure - an open-heart bypass surgery, that I understood the implications. And the dangers involved. He wanted it to be done ASAP, coz dad is what they call a 'A+ high risk patient' - extremely critical.

Luckily, again, we managed to get an appointment with Dr Naresh Trehan, who saw his angiography CD, endorsed the view for earliest possible bypass, and agreed to do it for us.

Dad got his surgery done, and he's back home now, recovering. Though the near-normal state will come not before 2-3 months, he's fine now - thanks to the wishes of sooo many friends, family and people we know. Thanks to all of them.

The way Ma took it all, has been a real eye-opener - although we've known her to be tough, she's proved a pillar of strength for all of us.. and the positive attitude that she's infused, was a wonderful influence. Love u ma !! :) .. and I know u know that.

Days have been extremely full of anxiety, and enormous stress.. Though am back to work, still my heart is there only.

I believe it WAS kinda lucky that I was there when it happened - otherwise, dunno how it might've been.. for dad, and for me. :(..

That also set me thinking about this whole idea of working soo far from home - Am I right in thinking of a career for myself, doing what I like to do and therefore do it well, no matter how far it is from home OR should I be content working in some company, doing something which I can do, but do not enjoy doing, to stay closer home and with family?? That's been a huge debate - within myself. hmm, guess it's time to revisit the question.

Well, friends, especially those who have waited long for this post, my frame of mind when I left for Delhi, and now when I am back, is hugely different. Guess will need to give it some more time before settling into writing regular posts. This one is just to let u know what's been happening, and why I've been away.

I know ur wishes are with me, as much as mine are with you.

god bless n happiness always,
take care,
~me.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi sumit dear its me CA. have already discussed this matter..but just to let u know that as always my prayers n best wishes r with u. god bless. n welcome bac!

Anonymous said...

hi sumit...i was worried after our last talks abt this plus no msg frm u on ym abt this and work was getting diff to handle last two weeks...so cudnt mail ya...im glad that i had ur ym before all this...I feel relieved after this post..yes i know how it feels...very stressful and emotional and tense...my father is a diabetic too since many years so mom is always very concerned n i think i get tensed easily so hmm...prayers for his speedy recovery and hope this strength and good luck stays on..missed u lots...take care buddy...hugss

Anonymous said...

tht was me sparkles...btw...mom's are mostly...in my case always very strong...she has been the force behind me and the synergy binding us all together...hope she is a relieved of the pressure...take care...

Anonymous said...

Angel
angelflorascent.blogdrive.com

hi sumit. please lemme hug you real tight. thank you so much. tears are flowing right now as i do this comment. yeah been the hardest days in our lives =)
yes, we've been managing. some strenght, huh?

you can definitely help me bro. here's how.

stay loving and caring to your family. keep praying and be a source of strenght to your mum too. that's how moms are. they're always great source of strenght and detemination. i don't know too how your mum is dealing with this but i have seen mine. now i can say she is coping and trying to get back. i am asking you to back up your mum as much as ypu can. tell your dad how much he means to you. never waste a single moment of loving them.

sumit, you are awesome. keep it that way. God will help you too in the best possible ways.

lots of love and hugs to you and yours too,
Angeline F. Smith

Anonymous said...

hi sumit, sorry to hear about the tough times. I hope you can understand who i may be :) do drop in whenever possible at http://violetlupin.blogdrive.com

M