Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Support My run for a cause!

Dear friend!

Hope you’re all doing well – I am too – and for the first time in my life, I have decided to run - for a cause!

What am I doing?

I will be running / walking 10km in Sunfeast 10k Run in Bangalore on 31st May '09.


What is this idea of pledge raising?

Marathon or long-distance running has been a way to raise money for charity organizations, for a long time. It is something like; my run is a symbolic gesture as my support to an organization. To support me, you either run with me or you pledge your support to me and my organization, i.e. donate money for the organization.

What is my cause?

All of you, who know me, know that I am extremely passionate about children – even more so, those with challenges. I am even more passionate about the need to integrate people with and without challenges.

Integration would help us move up from seeing the 'disabilities' of a person, to appreciate and acknowledge what (s)he is 'CAPABLE' of doing.

Chrysallis is an NGO that is especially close to my heart - it touches the lives of people in various ways - with the ultimate motive of integration at the core.

What does this organization do?

Chrysallis has been working for the integration of children with and without challenges for the past 10 years. It has staged over 60 stage productions, several radio programs and social and short documentaries. It has been a support system to over 40 institutions working for physically, mentally, socially and economically challenged children.

Last year as part of our gifting program Chrysallis touched the lives of 30,000 children. This year, the target is to gift 1,00,000 children.

Chrysallis functions as an outreach programme and has worked with special children in 20 cities across the country.

Chrysallis' mission is to create a platform of integration for persons with and without challenges, increase awareness on the needs of challenged children, create a volunteer network across the country to be channels of support to institutions.

What is my target?

I am targeting to raise INR 50, 000/- by this run of mine. Your contribution, in whatever denomination, is most welcome by me. Although each pledge makes me closer to my target but I admire the spirit of pledging. Also, do note the fact that if you pledge Rs. 5, one child will understand the spirit of gifting, the warmth of being loved. So, don't hesitate with your quantum of the pledge.

Will you get the usual IT exemption under section 80G?

Yes.

How can you get across your pledge to us?

You can pledge your support by:

1) Via the online page setup at: http://www.bangalorecares.in/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=61&Itemid=70&name=sumuCHRYS – (this needs a VISA or MASTERCARD).

2) Online Bank Transfer (via EFT/NEFT) – please send a separate e-mail to me, and I would provide you with the details.

3) Demand Draft / Local Cheques, in favour of "Chrysallis Performance Arts Centre for the Challenged ", payable at Bangalore.

Post it to:

Diana Tholoor,

19, Hutchins Road,

St. Thomas Town, Bangalore 560 084

OR

Sumit Semwal,

Texas Instruments,

Bagmane Tech Park, CV Raman Nagar,

Bangalore 560 093

4) You can hand over the pledge money to me.

Lastly, I appeal to you to pledge for me in my 'Run' for the integrating children with and without challenges. Please please forward this e-mail to as many people as you can.

I look forward to your support.

Thanks a lot for your time,

Best regards,

~Sumit.

No comments: