Monday, August 09, 2004

An experience of a life - time.

Hey Guys !!!

Me am back from an exhilirating, absolutely amazing outing - Rafting n trekking combined!!! And although I've been on around 20-25 treks before this, there are still many 'firsts' on this trek -


1. my 1st Rafting experience,
2. my 1st trekking experience with leeches [ 'jonk' in hindi] en-route, sucking the blood like hell.. ,
3. 1st trek on which we crossed an over-flowing mountain river which had flow soo strong that we couldn't put our feet down, and, if we could manage that, couldn't pick them up !!
4. 1st time I saw such an awesome - awesome waterfall !! - it seemed like a milk-fall rather than a water fall..

Best part was, we stayed deep deep in the jungle, in a jungle lodge. Even though my village is in mountains itself [uttaranchal, near the drowned town, Tehri], and we used to go there yearly once, still, I found this to be an experience of a life time!! !!


We saw wild things - no, not the movie, but real wild things - a king cobra, a scorpion being eaten by loads of ants, a huge crab [around 10-11 inches end-to-end], and of course the leeches [ I don't know how much blood I managed to unwilfully 'donate' to them - at last count, I'd been devoured and 'sipped' up by around 20 leeches..]

Even rafting was too cool a thing to do - unadulterated fun.. :) .. and we were around 13 of us, so we sat in 2 rafts, and had sort of a race, with the instructors in the raft ahead 'accidentally' splashing water on those behind :) :)) .. we were wearing life jackets, so they encouraged us to get down into the water, and have fun !! and boy, did we have fun ??? u bet we did !!

Guys, those of u with a taste for adventure really must go there sometime - this place is near udupi, and is really too too tooo fundu... pictures n detailed story sometime later on...

take care,
god bless n happiness always :),
~sumit.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Sumit...stumbled on your blog while browsing...glad I did. The look is very refreshing and the stuff, very interesting. White water rafting seems a bit scary for me :) But your description is good. Do visit my blog and tell me if your like it. Its http://vzoya.rediffblogs.com

Anonymous said...

hey sumit medz here. tanks for droppin by n sure everyone i ead gets linked up. take care man

Anonymous said...

hi sumit,
mehak here...thanx 4 visiting ma blog....how r u doin?